And just like that everything seemed to change.
Sometimes you are standing on the precipice. You know what you want, where you see your life going, and what you need to do, but to take that leap can seem daunting to say the very least. We get comfortable as humans, creatures of habit and laziness.
I am all too familiar of the feeling of comfort in surroundings that I have grown used to. However this year everything has changed. I found the courage to make myself a priority and love the person that I am (sounds pretty selfish) But it was needed. I realized just how under appreciated I was in every situation. In love I gave myself completely only ever asking for the same in return (this didn't happen) In work, I worked.. hard, met targets and over exceeded expectations lining the pockets of those further up the food chain. In life I lived but rarely in the moment, I was weighed down by future thoughts and permanently thinking of what ifs' This was not the person I wanted to be.
So I changed it, I still love and trust implicitly (even if this is sometimes hard to do) I work hard but am changing this, no longer shall I be making fat cats fatter but instead making my life richer, new opportunities, new people and something that challenges me in all of the right ways, its right when they say boredom can kill you, I have come close. Life is now lived as it should in every moment, every late night/ early morning/ midday conversation and I no longer plan for the bad things that I feel will come my way instead I don't even give them a second thought.
I surround myself with good honest people and have left those who want to drag me down well and truly behind me (nearly) For the first time in a long time I have the power to be who I want to be, chase those dreams that have evaded me the last three years and make myself happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment